- A Monster Calls: A Perfect Illustration Of Why We Tell Stories.
- The Power of The One: Schindler’s List and The Little Girl in Red
- Going deep inside the underbelly of Sicario.
- A Look Inside the storytelling of Pixar’s Inside Out.
- The Babadook: when allegory meets expressionism in a therapeutic horror classic.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
“If I look at the mass, I will never act. If I look at the one, I will.” – Mother Teresa Sitting horseback atop a hill overlooking the Cracow ghetto, Oscar Schindler watches the Nazis mass-murder Jews when, amongst the massive … Continue reading
“Feelings or emotions are the universal language and are to be honored. They are the authentic expression of who you are at your deepest place.” – Judith Wright WARNING: Spoilers ahead! Leave it to the storytelling gurus behind Pixar Animation Studio … Continue reading
“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.” -Roger “Verbal” Kint, The Usual Suspects, Screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie Much effort has been made to define empathy and how its ability to emotionally connect … Continue reading
“COGNITIVE SECRET: Emotion determines the meaning of everything— if we’re not feeling, we’re not conscious. STORY SECRET: All story is emotion based— if we’re not feeling, we’re not reading.” –Cron, Lisa (2012-07-10). Wired for Story: The Writer’s Guide to Using … Continue reading