- A Monster Calls: A Perfect Illustration Of Why We Tell Stories.
- The Power of The One: Schindler’s List and The Little Girl in Red
- Going deep inside the underbelly of Sicario.
- A Look Inside the storytelling of Pixar’s Inside Out.
- The Babadook: when allegory meets expressionism in a therapeutic horror classic.
Tag Archives: Inciting Incident
“We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.” –Iris Murdoch One of the challenging aspects of analyzing a film is choosing which lens to view its story through. … Continue reading
Dissecting Robert McKee’s Analysis of Ordinary People’s Inciting Incident: Did The Story Guru Get It Right?
As a long-time fan of Robert McKee’s book Story and having attended one of his weekend seminars, I’ve admired his analysis of the film Ordinary People feeling as though he’s one of the few to identify and articulate the roles of the … Continue reading